Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Recced for Kung-fu fans - Zhu Xian by Xiao Ding

I've been reading Zhu Xian, in Vietnamese. It's been a long time I read anything novel-length in Vietnamese. What I have been reading recently in Vietnamese were news and articles. Think what you'd like but I felt I hadn't had enough patience to spend time to read Vietnamese fictions. Too many moral stories lurking behind and they are exactly what I don't like to see in a story.

Anyway, back to Zhu Xian...

Is Zhu Xian captivating? Yes!

Is Zhu Xian your typical kung-fu novel? No!

It's a very angsty story with lotsa details and beautiful people. Well, except for the leading male character. Hah! An unusual detail in this type of novel, I dare say! But after while, I find myself not be able to care about that. About why? You must read the story to understand that.

One fact to let you know how hooked I am to Zhu Xian. I feel this is like Harry Potter. I can't stop reading it until I finish. And I'm a HP fanatic.

Just wanna share with you what's in my reading list now! Nowhere near achieving my resolution!

1 comment:

[DE]-Delphen said...

hey hey, may i ask u a question? i'm lookingg for this noel in Eng form. i'v read the Vietnamese ver. i love it much. i'm going to collect this novel in every language. so if u know whether this novel has Eng version, pm my Y!M: delphen_iz_me@yahoo.com or mail me, i'ts ok :D thanks !!!! r u a Vietnamese? which role do u like best in ZhuXian ???? i like Luc Tuyet Ki because she's always "cold" in front of anyone . love that.i love this too : " Thien Dia Bat Nhan, Di Van Vat Vi So Cau" ==>> very meanigful to me :D

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"