Saturday, March 31, 2007

My shoes are killing me!!! Literally!!!

More precisely, my dance shoes!!!

I've just got back to my latin dance class today, after one and a half months taking a break which was taken after one month taking lessons! I know what you are thinking, heheh! I'm lazy! Tet and that biz trip back to Singapore didn't help at all!

Anyway, today I wore my pair of dance shoes which had been bought about more than 4 years ago . That was when I first started learning international-leveled ballroom dance. At that time, my passion with the art was very strong and fresh so I didn't hesitate forking out $150 for a pair of shoes. And the shoes have a name, too. It's Lorraine. My gosh! Thinking back then, I was so... (speechless!!!) But it's quite a blessing for me now for I'm taking dance lessons again. No need to go around and find a good pair of shoes without emptying my purse. I had left it in Singapore when I was back to Vietnam last year and I got it back the last biz trip. However, I needed to buy heels protectors for my shoes as the classroom has only brick/stone floor, not your average wooden floor in those fabulous dance studios. Those were the days... And in case you are wondering what the hell I'm talking about, here are the pictures for the heels protectors

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yeah! I came back to the dance studio where I had bought my shoes. First I didn't know there were 2 types of heels - flare and slim. Second, I didn't bring my shoes along (I went there after work, you see!) So I just based on those shoes displayed at the studios and got the flare heels protectors. Went back and tried on my shoes. Hah, wrong shape! Came back and changed to the slim type. Phewwww!

Back to the main topic. With the newly-retrieved shoes, I was happily back to the dance class. This month's step is Samba. It's a very lively and rhythmical dance with a lot of knee-bending and hip-swaying movements. Very good exercise for me at the moment! I've gotta admit! Wow, with a correct pair of dance shoes, my practice was much easier and the class felt more exciting! But it came with a price! My feet felt like they were on fire and when I took off my shoes, a little bit of my skin went with them. A bit gory but that was exactly what happened. I felt like an idiot as I had been through this before and I totally forgot. Sigh... I have no one to blame, except myself. I don't know if I can put the shoes on tomorrow but I'm bringing a pair of socks with me to protect those wounds.

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"