Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010 Year In Review

Another 9 days and this year will come to an end. How time flies... And it is time to do a year in review, just to see what have happened to me this year, good and bad alike.

- Travelling: 3 continents and 4 countries, not bad at all. Spending my new year count-down in New York (albeit in a hotel, mind you!), experience a Hanoi winter (which I didn't like at all) and enjoying an European autumn, I guess I have achieved part of my travel dream. Now I just wish I could strike some lottery and I could spend a whole year to travel the rest of the world.

- Shopping: Less than 10 pairs of shoes which I could proudly say I have successfully followed my plan from last year. A whole lot more accessories were acquired so that I could utilized all the clothes I am having without feeling being repeated. And the biggest achievement of all? My first ever Chanel 2.55, lovingly bought from 31 Rue Cambon store in Paris. Hopefully I will be able to showcase it this Christmas. Now my big question: What to buy next year for bag, after I had bought my dream bag? And no, I won't buy Hermes until I earn double what I am earning now. That is my motivation. Maybe I will not buy any bag next year. Saving for a Delvaux or Celine on my next Europe trip.

- Work: Many changes and no change at the same time. I've learnt quite a bit this year, in terms of corporate politics and other nonsenses. I am feeling content right now, knowing what I should and want to do next year.

- Relationship: I'm still single, if you are wondering. But I believe in fate. Also, marriage doesn't always equal to happiness. I'm glad if my friends find their halves, but if I am content and happy with my current status, I think being single is great in its own way.

- Family: This is one aspect of my life that I don't want to write down. So let's just leave it blank for now. But I think I am a good daughter and sister this year.

- Friends: They are always there when I need them. And I am when they need me. With my friends scattering all over the world, this is the best way to describe our great friendships.

- Health: Not my best year. I think I'm gaining weight and my ankle is preventing me to exercise. I really need to be more serious in my attempt of slimming down. And yes, I will try to watch my diet.

What else to reminisce? If there is, I will just add on later. Next post will be my resolutions for next year, which I never manage to finish all (even half is great). But the point is to have some goals to look up to, ne?

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"