Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another ankle sprain (I think) after 2 years

It's the 7th month. Call me superstitious but I feel it was bound to happen one way or another. I did all the things I would never do normally.

First, wearing high heels when it was raining. If you meet me often, you would know that I even bought a pair of jelly shoes to wear during this rain season. And today, I ignored my common sense, or something made me ignorant. I had picked up my jelly shoes, and then put it down, just to pick another pair of high heels.

Second, chasing after a bus. Well, I stopped doing that for a long time, whenver I have to go to that bus stop. Why? Cos I need to cross over an overhead bridge. And the stair going down to the bus stop is very steep. I didn't know why but when I saw the bus today, I ran for it. And I still had two third of the bridge to cross over, plus the staircase. How the hell did I think I could catch the bus? But no, I had to run.

When I ran down the stairs, the heels of my shoes caught the step, I slipped. I dropped for a few more steps before I settled myself. My shoes fell a few more steps further. I just sat there, on a staircase, feeling so painful. One kind uncle picked up my shoes and asked me if I needed any help. I could only say thanks and asked him to continue on his way.

I sat there for about 5 mins when the rain was so heavy. The wind blew the water into my face and clothes. But I couldn't move at all. After a while, I tentatively tried to see if I could stand and walk. Yes (Thank God), but not with my shoes. So I decided to go back to my house, bare-footed. It was raining so it wasn't that dirty. But it was a painful walk.

A fortune teller told me earlier this year: I would have some accident with my limbs. I thought I had had that with my arms burnt by josh sticks during CNY. But apparently, I still had another accident await (hopefully, the last one of this year). And it's the 7th month. I'm not surprised but of course, I'm not happy.

I have to laugh at myself though. Cos the first thing after I feel less painful that I think about is: Thank God! It's this month, not next month. I still have time to recover before my France trip. So yeah, let's cross fingers that it's just a mild ankle sprain.

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"