Friday, July 08, 2011

Strasbourg attractions - Le Petite France

Imagine this. It was in fall, the weather was cooling (at around 10 centigrade degrees) but it was sunny. And you were in Europe, what would you do? A walk in an area with medieval half-timbered houses and baroque sandstone buildings, perhaps.

So yes, that was what I did. I took a stroll around Le Petitie France. The scenery was so beautiful and picturesque that I just wanted to get lost, to wander to some hidden alleys, to breath in the gorgeously crisp but cooling fall air. Of course I didn't get lost since this place was as touristy as you could get. But amazingly, it wasn't that crowded even though you could see lots of tourists. I still managed to capture some shots without people or with a lone man walking.

No word could describe my experience but it was what Europe in autumn should be in my mind. Leaves turning yellow, the weather getting cooler but without the biting chill of winter, people in pretty coats walking around (even it is tiring to wear such coats all day long), plus beautiful half-timbered houses. All the stresses would disappear in a instance.

I have no word but plenty of pictures to show you. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Le Petite France in autumn
You could see this scene in at least half of the postcards about Strasbourg

Le Petite France in autumn
Maison des Tanneurs, famous for being an attraction and a great restaurant (regretfully I didn't dine here)

At Le Petite France
Of course I didn't give a miss. This was how I had imagined myself if I visited a European country

At Le Petite France
Another shot beside Maison des Tanneurs

Le Petite France in autumn

Le Petite France in autumn

Le Petite France in autumn

Le Petite France
Gorgeous half-timbered houses blending beautifully with quiet canals

At Le Petite France
Another shot of myself in a sunny autumn afternoon

Le Petite France
A house covered with red vines, which I had only seen it on photos and TVs before

Le Petite France
An alley with a lone man walking, whom I guessed was a local

Petite rue Dentelles

Le Petite France

Le Petite France
Restaurants in Le Petite France

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"