Saturday, June 13, 2009

Am I a bag snob?

I am on the 9th cloud right now. Why? It is because I just bought a Kate Spade Tarrytown Quinn for myself. For those who know about my travel plan this Sep, laugh all you want. Yes, I know I was talking about waiting to shop in the States. Yes, I know I need to save lots of money for that trip. Yes, I know this year the economy is down. Yes, I know there were many reasons that I need to save money. But really, I thought very hard before I decided to bring this bag home. I have been lusting over this bag for a year, or as long as I saw it. And when it was on sale last year, it was 30% discount and I couldn't feel justified enough, for that kind of leather, color and brand.

Time passed, this year's sale has come, I wandered to Kate Spade store again, didn't expect much. And there it was, sitting invitingly on the shelf. I couldn't help myself and took a look at it. Lo and behold, it was a 50% discount and in my favourite color. OMG, I thought to myself, "I could afford it, should I buy it?" Anyway, I walked out of the store and went to buy some jewelry at Swarovski. The next day, I was still thinking about it which meaned I really wanted to buy it. So I went back there with a friend who I wanted to give me a rational voice. And you know what? The bag was sold out at the store. What the heck? I felt so lost and so sad. And I realized I would have to buy it at all means. So I asked the SA to call to another branch to check if they still had stock. The answer was YES. I felt so relieved but it was too late to go there at that time. And today, I went to the other branch, saw the bag, checked with SA for the new piece, had my credit card swiped and BAM, I am a proud owner of a new bag. A Kate Spade Tarrytown Quinn in orange.

That is the typical story of a reformed shopaholic. And back to the question, am I a bag snob? I do not know. Truly. I just feel myself loving bags made of good materials, and at the moment, I am really into leather. I do believe that leather bags will last you very long, compared with bags made of other types of material. The more you wear them, the more they look beautiful. Long-time worn leather bags have a very particular look which make them more unique. Also, just do some simple math, if you keep buying cheap-material bags, you can only wear a few months and then you will feel bored with them, and of course, discard them. And nowadays, those bags are not very cheap either. You can spend nearly 100 bucks for them. And because you think they are cheap, you will buy more, quantity over quality. Within a year, you can easily spend a few hundred bucks on bags which you can't keep at all. Whereas, you save and buy 1 or 2 good bags a year, but you feel content and confident when wearing them. Over the time, you will have a collection of good bags which you might be able to pass down to the next generation. That is if you keep them in very good condition.

And speaking of cheap bags, they will do you no good when travelling. I had a case of bag malfunction at the airport where the handle of my bag broke. I had to run around to find a new bag, just to replace that old bag. It wasn't a pleasant experience, I must say.

Anyway, enough talking, now it's time to goggle over my new bag. Muahahhahaha....

In its shopping bag

Kate Spade Tarrytown Quinn

Then in its dust bag

Kate Spade Tarrytown Quinn

In its own glory

Kate Spade Tarrytown Quinn

In another angle

Kate Spade Tarrytown Quinn

Enough? Yes, I think so!

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"