Sunday, June 28, 2009

My shoe collection

I have made a decision with regards to my bags and shoes. From now on, I will try to buy those with good quality. Considered these as investment pieces, this will help me from buying too many shoes and bags which don't last me more than 3 months. Also, given my limited space, I will need to focus more on building a small but well-covered wardrobe. Quality over quantity.

At the moment, I have only 4 pairs of designer shoes. These were bought from different sale events and with discount from 70% and above. I am very proud of this collection even though I haven't managed to establish a personal shoe style. Anyway, I allow myself to acquire about 4 pairs of designer shoes a year. Yes, no more cheap shoes and no more seasonal de-cluttering!

1. Alexander McQueen Mary Jane Heels

Alexander McQueen mary jane heels

Red and brown. Suede and fine leather. Very sharp combination. Dislike its pointy toe cap though, cos it hurt my feet terribly. I have wide feet, ya see!

2. D&G buckle crunched flats

D&G buckle flats

One thing I like about leather-made accessories is that the more you wear them, the more they become beautiful. This pair of flats isn't an exception. I have been wearing it for more than 6 months and it looks prettier and prettier. However, due to the crunched design, it was a pain in the ass to wear. Until I cut the rubber band and it is perfect.

3. Marc Jacobs dark blue pumps

Marc Jacobs dark blue pumps

Square toe and chunky heel, a comfortable design? Nah, dun let it deceive you. It's 4-inch high which can really kill you if you walk too much. Talking from a painful experience here! But I love the additional height it gives me and the compliments I got from wearing it. Just be prepared to soak my poor feet in warm water at the end of the day though.

4. Yves Saint Laurent Ballerina Flats in Purple

Yves Saint Laurent Ballerina Flats in Purple

My latest addition into the collection. Actually I wanted to buy the silver cage bow heels but that pair cost over SGD1k, even after a 50% discount. And it is 4-inch high and I was still traumatized over my Marc Jacobs pumps. Anyway, I just realized I hadn't had any purple shoes before. So here it is, lovely sitting there in my shoe rack.

All in all, for this year, I have bought 2 pairs. I might buy about 2 more pairs, if there are any good deals out there for me grab! My wish list includes a pair of Lanvin flats and a pair of Christian Louboutin heels.

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"