Thursday, August 19, 2010

New York attractions - St. Patrick's Cathedral

There is one established fact that I am a city gal. There, I've said that. When talking about travelling, I always think about big cities with interesting architecture. Natural scenery doesn't appeal much to me. I like my trip well-planned, even down to which directions to take. I don't like the surprised elements, especially when I travel alone. You might think this is not a right way to travel, but I prefer being safe and knowing what might happen.

As a result, I love visiting buildings, i.e. castles, churches, skyscrapers, etc. That was why Chicago really fascinated me with its old but charming buildings. New York was no difference. Even the atmosphere seemed colder than Chicago, I love walking along Fifth Avenue, not shopping (I know what you are thinking), but looking at different architectures. Very lovely and also vibrant.

St. Patrick's Cathedral captivated me with its beautiful design and old charms. I'm not a church goer but I used to dream to get married in a church. And St. Patrick's Cathedral is exactly where I wish my wedding would be. However, that dream is still very far away, at the moment (at least).

One thing I really regretted was I didn't have time to go inside the church. Just to sit down and listen to the choir would be a great experience.

St Patrick's Cathedral‎, Manhattan

St Patrick's Cathedral‎, Manhattan

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"