Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New York eats - Bouchon Bakery

After an interesting but tiring city tour around Manhattan, it was time for us to fill our stomach. We didn't even have lunch, just a big breakfast at Kitchenette. I was amazed that I could still manage to fool around in Columbus Circle. Cold and hungry but we still tried to take as many photos as we could. Oh... the length we could go for our passion/obsession.

Talking about breakfast, I always try to have a good meal to start a day when travelling. Experience has proven that it is a very good strategy. Good breakfast means you have plenty of energy to spend on exploring new places. You cannot always manage to eat lunch on time, sometimes your next meal after breakfast is served as half lunch and half dinner. That is why breakfast is very important.

Back to Bouchon Bakery. This is a small coffee house located inside Time Warner Center. I chose to come here for lunch/dinner for one reason, there is a Borders bookstore within the building. And why Borders? Because I need to buy a book which I have been pinning for a few months. Which book, you might ask? I will show you at the end of this post.

Time Warner Center is located on Columbus Circle and was decorated beautifully during Christmas. A lot of people were enchanted by the mirage of lights when stepping into the building. I was glad to come here, after all!

Time Warner Center, Midtown

Bouchon Bakery has an open-space concept. Even there were not many choices, the cafe was still very crowded when I was there. Tracy and I had to wait for more than half an hour to be seated. In the meanwhile, we went to Borders, for Tracy to surf around, and for me to buy my book.

After a good 40 minutes of waiting, we were finally seated. Here is the only picture I have of the cafe:

Dinner at Bouchon Bakery

And the meals we had there:

Dinner at Bouchon Bakery

Dinner at Bouchon Bakery

Dinner at Bouchon Bakery

Dinner at Bouchon Bakery

Dinner at Bouchon Bakery

And here is the book I had to cross half the globe to get my hands on it. Especially on its paperback release date. Yay!!!

Dinner at Bouchon Bakery, Columbus Circle

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"