Friday, April 23, 2010

Ice rain in Chicago

The fourth day in Chicago marked my first encounter with a winter rain. And damn, it was cold.

It was quite dreary when we left for John Hancock Observatory, raining and all! But we couldn't be deterred due to my full-day planning.

Inside John Hancock Observatory, Chicago
This was when we still didn't know that our trip to see Chicago from top of the world was quite wasted. As it was raining and foggy, the visibility was zero and that was why I do not have any cityscape photo of Chicago.

When we got out of the building, not only was it still raining, it was raining ice. At first, I thought it was snowing; but apparently, the weather turned too cold so instead of water, we'd got ice. Well, snow or ice, I still wanted to take some photos. It's not like I experience this every year, if I continued to stay in Singapore.

Outside John Hancock Observatory, Chicago
Icy rain in Chicago

How many poses could I do with just one backdrop?
With John Hancock Observatory as a backdrop

In front of Fourth Presbyterian Church, Chicago
Super duper cold but we were still outdoors. The extent of our vanity

However, to award me with my patience, it snowed a little bit that night. Light and snow make a beautiful picture. I heart Chicago.

Winter night in Chicago

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"