Friday, September 09, 2011

Brugge - Views from the canal boat

One activity that you have to do in Brugge is taking a canal boat tour. Yes, it is a very touristy thing to do, but what you experience from the tour is amazing. You could see a different Brugge from what walking around the town offers.

There are 5 starting points where you could buy a ticket and hop on a boat. Well, after waiting in line for a few minutes. Of course, there are some starting points that have less people than others. But I guess you might just go to the nearest place. My starting point was near to City Hall which I did not really choose it on purpose. I was walking around and decided it was time to take a canal boat tour.

The ticket costed 6.9 euros. Not that expensive for such a terrific experience. But as I had Brugge City Card, the ticket was complimentary (or inclusive to the card if you'd like to nitpick) for me. Then I was shown down to the bank of the canal and asked to wait there. After waiting for around 10 minutes, a canal boat appeared. The queue was moving and before I knew it, I was sitting on the boat.

My experience was very enjoyable, partly due to the beautiful weather on that day. However, the main reason was the gorgeous views of the town I could see from the boat. The scenery and atmosphere somehow were so different. That was why the phrase "In another's point of view" was aptly applied in this case.

Not more words. I will let my pictures speak for what I had seen.

Canal tour, Brugge
Queuing and waiting

Canal tour, Brugge
The boat for the canal tour

Brugge viewed from canal boat

Brugge viewed from canal boat

Brugge viewed from canal boat

Brugge viewed from canal boat

The dog of Brugge

Brugge viewed from canal boat

Minnewater viewed from canal boat

Brugge viewed from canal boat

Brugge viewed from canal boat

Brugge viewed from canal boat

Brugge viewed from canal boat

Brugge viewed from canal boat

Brugge canal

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"