Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Brugge - Window displays of chocolate shops

One thing about Brugge that always amazes me is the number of chocolate shops. For such a small city, there are so many chocolate shops which sell decent chocolate at a reasonable price. Well, we are talking about Belgium after all.

Price and taste aside, window displays of these stores were what made me having so much fun walking around those touristy streets. Once again, I was reminded that I was in Europe due to the liberation of the decoration. Designs based on seasons and holidays were quite normal to me. What was unusual was the variety of males and females' private parts on display. I am from Asia, and this is definitely a taboo to show anything even remotely related to those. That was why I was having so much fun taking photos and eating them. I didn't bring back home any though, too bad!

Here are some interesting window displays when I was there in Oct.

Display windows of chocolate stores in Brugge
It was around mid Oct and Halloween was coming

Display windows of chocolate stores in Brugge
An Asian-themed window display

Display windows of chocolate stores in Brugge

A typical window display of chocolate shops in Brugge
Boobs for sale, anyone?

You've seen female's, now you see male's
A picture says a thousand words

Chocolate shop in Brugge
A dragon made of pure chocolate which had been shown in World Expo (in Shanghai) previously

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"