Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Paris shopping - Chanel 2.55 classic flap bag

I have been so behind my travel blogging that I don't know where to start again. Then I realized that what better gives me the writing muse than my favorite past time, shopping. So yes, this post is dedicated to my first Chanel bag (and hopefully not the only).

There is no question on why I decided to buy this bag. It should be more of the question: Why should I NOT buy it when I was in France? From all the information I had gathered, it would be very unwise not to buy a Chanel bag (or any Chanel stuff for that matter) when I was in Europe. The tax refund alone could justify the reason. And given the weak Euro when I went there, I would definitely regret not buying anything. Now, think about it, I feel quite sad not buying a pair of Chanel shoes. But Lanvin won at the end.

Anyway, with this in mind, I gave myself no limit for my shopping budget. Just what I should buy. How could I give myself a limit when I was in the land of Chanel, Hermes and Lanvin? But I gave myself a goal. No looking at other bag designs from other brands. And it was really a challenge as I fell in love with Delvaux. Its bag structure is so beautiful that I was literally forced myself to walk away, after purchasing a wallet from the boutique in Brugge. I felt it was time to have the first Chanel in my collection.

Also, I had made a point getting my 2.55 at the 31 Rue Cambon boutique. A lot of people said the experience itself was worth of the effort getting there. And was it really? Yes, the novelty of stepping into the store overshadowed the not-so-great service I got there. I'm not saying the service was bad. After all, I helped to increase that SA's income so she had to be nice to me. But I didn't feel the genuine happiness of giving a good service to her customers from her. Again, better her than her colleague, who didn't even have the necessary product knowledge.

Even though I had wanted a Jumbo flap bag, there was no stock at the time. And I wanted to buy the bag THERE and AT THE TIME. Yep, that's me! Impulsive with my instinct. So I settled for a Medium 2.55. But now, looking at it, I feel it is the perfect first Chanel bag to get. Beautiful and just the right size to go with any outfit.

About the price, yes, it is expensive but in comparison with how much they are selling it here in Singapore, I saved quite a nice sum actually. More than SGD1k. With this amount, I could buy a LV Neverfull PM in Singapore. And the price always goes up, never goes down for Chanel, or any branded bags for the matter.

Nothing fills the blank better than a couple of pictures.

Chanel store @ 31 Rue Cambon, Paris
Chanel store @ 31 Rue Cambon, Paris

With my first ever Chanel 2.55
In front of 31 Rue Cambon boutique with my new purchase

My first ever Chanel 2.55

My first ever Chanel 2.55

My first ever Chanel 2.55

My first ever Chanel 2.55

My first ever Chanel 2.55
Unwrapping my new love

My first ever Chanel 2.55
A gorgeous Medium Chanel 2.55 classic caviar flap bag

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"