Saturday, April 16, 2011

Andy Lau and Jacky Cheung

Look at this:

Jacky Cheung - 1/2 Century Tour

It is my ticket to Jacky Cheung (Truong Hoc Huu)'s 1/2 Century Tour concert in Singapore this August. And I can't wait until then.

My affair with Hong Kong TV series/movies started early. I first watched HK TV kungfu series when I was about 8 years old. Pretty young, right? Like reading books, I watch movies and TV series very fast. I could finish one series in 2 or 3 days, given that all the episodes had been released. As I'm Vietnamese, I had to wait for the distributors to have all these series voiced over. Therefore, I didn't really know what Cantonese sounded like until much later.

And it was no wonder that my idols at the time were Andy Lau, Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Ekin Cheng, Dicky Cheung, Louis Koo, etc. As long as they were in the cast, I would rent the video tapes to bring home and watch. There are some certain series that I keep watching until now (more than 10 times, I lost count after 5 times). From TV series to movies was a logical sequence and before I knew, I was listening to Cantopop daily. And the Four Heavenly Kings were my favourite singers. Why? Cos Andy Lau is one of them.

Lucky for me, it was easy to get Cantopop in Vietnam at the time, not so hard as Western music. Since then, I got to know about Jacky Cheung, Aaron Kwok and Leon Lai. Surprisingly, I didn't and still don't like Aaron Kwok and Leon Lai. Don't ask me why? I just feel unconnected with those two. But two out of four was enough. Andy Lau and Jacky Cheung's music was and still is my most favourite. And I promised myself that I would go to Hong Kong to watch them sing live.

Well, I haven't visited Hong Kong yet. It may be a surprise for you but I just don't have the mood to visit Asian countries. Europe and the States still call to me. Maybe I might go this year, since I only have small budget for travel this year. Either Hong Kong or Taiwan. Or even China (if Tracy decides to go, I don't think I can travel to China alone). Anyway, back to Andy Lau and Jacky Cheung. I haven't been to Hong Kong but I have watched Andy singing live. And soon Jacky.

I watched Andy Lau's concert 3 years ago. That was his Wonderful World 2008 tour and I never regretted paying around 180 bucks for the show. The concert was magnificent and mesmerizing. Andy Lau is a great performer and his voice isn't that bad either. I had a very good time listening and watching him on stage. In fact, I'm waiting for him to come back to Singapore. I will definitely buy a 1st or 2nd class ticket this time. Until then, I have Jacky Cheung's live show to look forward to.

Here are some shots I managed to take in Andy's Wonderful World 2008 tour.

Andy Lau - Wonderful World 2008

Andy Lau - Wonderful World 2008

Andy Lau - Wonderful World 2008

Andy Lau - Wonderful World 2008

Andy Lau - Wonderful World 2008

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"