Sunday, August 28, 2011

Brugge - Streets without tourists

My second day in Brugge fell into a Sunday, which is quite a sad day for tourists in Europe. When planning for trips, what caused me lots of headache was thinking of what to do in Sundays. Not only in Europe, but in the States as well; however, Europe was worse as the people there care more about their personal lives than doing business. At least that was my impression after travelling to both continents.

Anyway, after spending a night well-rested, I woke up on Sunday feeling happy to explore the area. But since many tourists considered Brugge as an one-day visit from Brussels or any other places, the town seemed to be more awake after 10am. Even if I wanted to beat the crowd and explore around before that, not many shops and attractions opened for business. So what should I do?

The answer was laundry. The whole trip lasted 20 days after all, and I only brought maximum of 5-day change. Even I intended to do some shopping and wear my new buys right after, I still need some clean clothes. And with that in mind, I went to a self-service laundry shop, not too near to the hotel, but still walking-distance from the hotel. And because of this, I discovered a less touristy side of Brugge, much to my immense pleasure.

I had to say I love Brugge both touristy and non-touristy. The non-touristy side of the town was exactly what I thought a Belgian town looked like. Simple, modern and bright. It was very different from French town and city, which were very elaborate and showing-off. I had fun walking and exploring while waiting my clothes were cleaned. It was a breath of fresh air from the hustle and bustle of the city life I normally live.

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge in a quiet Sunday morning

Brugge - Venice of the North

Brugge - Venice of the North

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"