Friday, May 28, 2010

Chicago eats - Soup Box

If you ask me what my favourite food in winter is, I can tell you straight away. That is soup, especially soup with tomato as 1 of its ingredients. Just imagine, you walk on the street, wearing layers of clothes but still feeling super chilled. Even if you are not hungry, I bet you would love to have something hot to warm your hands and stomach. I can't take coffee, tea is also out of question in the afternoon. Hot chocolate is too sweet in the States and come on, how many cups of hot chocolate could you take in a day? So soup is my first choice when it comes to something to warm me up.

Tracy and I stumbled into this restaurant somewhere around Magnificent Miles in Chicago. We were hungry but did not want to eat something too full as I had planned a good lunch some place else. We needed some energy to get there though. So this was our answer. Soup Box where you could choose whatever soup you like at a reasonable price, without paying tips. (well, I'm from Asia where you dun need to give tips as it's included in your bill)

Anyway, it was a good place to take a rest and warm yourself before embarking on a serious shopping endeavor in Chicago.

Soup Box, Chicago
Outside Soup Box

Soup Box, Chicago
Plenty of soup choices to choose from

Soup Box, Chicago
Inside the restaurant

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"