Saturday, May 29, 2010

Nail polish of the week: Chanel Illusion d'or

One of my favourite past times is having manicure and pedicure. I have my nails done every two weeks. I know it sounds luxurious outside Vietnam but I think I could forgo some other indulgences for this.

Of course, together with manicure and pedicure, my love for nail polishes has heightened. People might say it is a waste of money to buy your own if you go to the shop and have your nails done there. But think about it, sometimes you really love a particular colour, but your shop does not carry it or just finishes it. What should a girl do? Stock my own nail polishes, certainly! And once you start doing that, it is easy to get out of hand. The next thing I know, I have quite a collection. Well, as long as I feel happy, I guess I could justify for anything. Hahhaha... very lame but who cares? If I can't even make myself happy, who can?

A few brands of nail polishes that I love are OPI, Orly and Essie. And thanks to online retailers, I managed to buy them at a very low price, which I buy quite a lot every time I decided to order. But Chanel is different, and unless you want to buy from eBay with a ridiculously marked-up price, I have to buy the colors I love once they are just released (which are usually from limited collections). Yes, SGD35 for a bottle of color varnish is a bit too high, but whenever I think about Chanel Jade last year, I have a motivation to take out my card.

So... for this summer, I have bought this Chanel Illusion d'or:It is a sparkling gold color and very sheer. And I love it. I can wear it alone or mix it with another color, based on my mood. And yes, this is for my hands. I have a weird obsession, darker colors for my toe nails; sheer or nude colors for my finger nails. And if you are wondering whether I am wearing it, the answer is a big YES.

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"