Monday, May 31, 2010

Chicago eats - Volare

I am a devoted fan of Italian cuisine, especially pasta and tiramisu. Sometimes, I could eat pasta a whole week if I am in the mood. That's why it was no surprise I decided to visit Volare when I was in Chicago. The restaurant is recommended on Trip Advisor as a worthy try. And it's located around Magnificient Miles where you could find it a difficult task to choose a good place to eat.

On Google Map, you could see Volare is situated on a street crossing with Magnificient Miles. Well, if you see from above. In reality, you have to walk down 1 level to get to Grant St. The atmosphere here is a big difference from the busy and touristy street above. And if I didn't know about or tried to find the restaurant, I didn't think I would go in there at all. I was definitely glad I did though.

Lunch at Volare, Chicago
Here is the unassuming but great Italian restaurant

Volare, Chicago

Volare, Chicago

Volare, Chicago
Homey but charming interior

Volare, Chicago
The street as seen from our table. I wanted to take photo of falling snow, but my camera is not good enough, or was that my bad skill?

Delicious food obviously aside, what I remember about Volare is its great service. The staff who waited on our table was charming and not pushy. A fun memory was that he asked Tracy and I if we could finish what we had ordered. I mean, that was the first time some waiter asked me that question. It was always the opposite, aka "would you like anything else?". And being too hungry at the time, Tracy and I said of course. Well, we realized why the staff had asked afterward. But we were still happy to stuff ourselves as the food was super duper delicious. I really want to eat their pasta again. When will I have the chance to go back to Chicago?

Lunch at Volare, Chicago
Yummy bread for appetizer (one of the best bread appetizer I have ever tasted)

Lunch at Volare, Chicago
The plate looked ugly but it was the food that counted

Lunch at Volare, Chicago
Compulsory Italian dessert - Tiramisu

At Volare, Chicago
Of course, a must-have photo, aka me and the food

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"