Thursday, May 17, 2007

My perfume collection

For me, buying perfume or scented spray is proved to be difficult. I didn't have a habbit to use one when I was young as perfume was a luxury to me at that time. Like every girl, I love to smell great and hence the need to own some EDPs has been arising for some time. But somehow I'll get allergic to the spray after a while. It seems like I can separate the alcoholic smell from the scent which causes me headade. If this happens, I'll feel obligated to throw away the bottle and it's such a waste of money.

Back to the main topic, I ain't so passionate in collecting perfumes. I buy what I deem I can use for various occasions and there's a pattern in what I've bought so far. But let's see what they are first, okie?


  • Chanel No. 5 EDP

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My forever most favorite perfume in the world. It's a classic for a reason.

"The now and forever fragrance. The ultimate in femininity. The most powerful, concentrated and long-lasting form of fragrance; the fullest expression of the perfumer's art. The most elegant way to wear fragrance. The classic bottle signifies personal luxury and is an attractive addition to any dressing table.

Aldehydic floral. A bouquet of abstract flowers with an indefinable femininity.

Launches with bewitching notes of Ylang-Ylang and Neroli, then unfolds with Grasse Jasmine and May Rose. Sandalwood and Vanilla round out the fabled composition with unforgettable woody notes."

I simply love the powdery scent and the long-lasting staying power. EDP was costly but worth every cent.


  • Very Sexy for her by Victoria's Secret EDP

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Recommended to me by a friend and be a part of my collection since last year.

"Vibrant and sensuous, it's the ultimate fragrance for the woman who loves everything about being a woman.

Fragrance type: floral oriental
Top notes: pimento, clementine, cactus flower
Middle notes: camellia, hydrangea, mimosa
Low notes: white amber, musk, vanilla, blackberries"

This is a hell of strong parfum. Just 3 sprays and the smell lasts for 2 days. Yes, 2 days! That's why if you buy a 100ml (3.4oz), you can use it for 3 years. Not that I'm complaining.


  • Burberry Tender Touch EDP

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bought in a perfume fair in TSC. Super cheap, $40+ for 100ml EDP.

"An intensely floral, feminine blend of green tangerine and violet leaves, rose oil, lychee, peach, and lush florals warmed with the soothing scent of musk, iris, sandalwood, and ambrette seed"

Like the name, the fragrance's very light and not too long-lasting. Suitable for feeling refeshed in the morning and then change to another scent when going out in the evening. I haven't used up to one third of the bottle. 100ml is too much though.


  • Cool Water Women by Davidoff EDT

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Again, bought this in that perfume fair at TSC. $21 for 50ml EDT. Quite a bargain, compared with retail price @ $70.

"Evoke sensations of vitality, energy, and sensuality. This fresh aquatic, with notes of citrus, water lily, jasmine, peach, and sandalwood, is presented in a signature ice blue bottle, designed like a delicate droplet of water."

This is one of those I've got allergic after using it a few times. Keep smelling that damn alcohol-esque smell. I haven't used it again for about 2 years. Just remember feel quite refreshed and clean.


  • Max Mara Perfume by MaxMara EDP

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This was bought in a coffret set, inclusive 1 bottle of shower gel and a 50 ml EDP, at a warehouse sale. Super cheap, again. Yes, I'm cheapskate, I know!

"The first perfume from the fashion house of Max Mara.

Simply elegant, sophisticated blend of florals. Top notes include, ctirus, ginger and plant sap, then blend off into lily, magnolia and orchid. Finishing off with musk, sugar cane and wood.

Maxmara is recommended for evening wear."

There is a reason for the last sentence. The fragrance is too strong to wear in the morning as it'll abuse my sensitive nose and cause me a killer headache. But it seems quite mature for me to wear at the moment. Hheheh. This is one example of impulsive purchase.


  • Garden Collection by Victoria's Secret EDT Spray in Vanilla Lace

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A gimmick when buying 1 body care set of Garden Collection by VS which means FREE. But this doesn't mean it's bad in any sense.

"A rich, sensual blend of vanilla and orchid with hints of amber and musk"

This is for whenever I feel so blah or no mood to put on anything too expressive. A must-have in my bag.


  • Dream Angels by Victoria's Secret® Heavenly EDP (soon to be added)

As you can see, all my perfumes have 1 thing in common. They all have a sweet fragrance. Most of them have musk or vanilla or sandalwood in the notes. When I bought these, I didn't notice any of this. But my nose was more concious than my mind, wasn't it?

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"