Friday, May 04, 2007

'Vintage me' series - 4 days in KL

My first trip to Malaysia. From 8 - 12 Sept 2002 with Tracy. Got plenty of advices from a Malaysian friend on where to go and where to dine. Because of that, we didn't prepare anything. Literally just packed and went.


Woke up real early. Travelled there by bus even though train was available. Reached KL after 6 hours, half asleep half awake. Still remember the messy bus interchange in KL, reek of a distinct smell which I'm never fond of. Took a taxi to Mid Valley Megamall because we wanted to stay at Cititel Mid Valley, even without any prior reservation. I guess we were lucky as there were rooms available for walk-in guests. We just had to wait for about 1 hour for the room to be cleaned and we could check in. Well, 1-hour waiting was not that difficult for us as the hotel was next to a Megamall. So we did what shopaholics should have done in this situation. We went shopping! Mid Valley was really big, as huge as Vivo City. We came back to the hotel 2 hours later.


Here was the room we stayed in


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And the overview of the hotel was


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


However, we weren't that fortunate when we visited Sunway Lagoon. Sunway Hotel & Resort didn't accept walk-in bookings so we ended up staying in a hostel. Well, at least we had a place to stay, good enough.


We spent 2 days in KL, visited Petronas Twin Tower, KLCC and other places which I couldn't remember now. The funniest memory I had at Twin Tower was the moment Tracy and I got onto the skybridge. Every visit to the skybridge was limited in a certain amount of time. So we tried to take photos as many as possible. We were so crazy in taking pictures that a visitor had to offer to take some for both of us. But now I don't have any of them with me. What a waste!


In front of Petronas Twin Tower



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


At KLCC Park


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


At Sunway Lagoon Theme Park


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


After this trip, I still went back to Malaysia a few times for my ex-company training trips and for seafood. Mostly in Johor Bahru (JB). But this 1st trip was the time I had the most fun.


Good memory, I suppose.

No comments:

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"