Friday, May 11, 2007

The Rebel [Dong Mau Anh Hung]

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"Vietnam, 1920s. The long standing French colonization over the country has inflamed anti-French sentiments. At the height of the conflict, rebel forces emerge in many forms to discrupt the foreign occupiers. In response, the French employed elite units of Vietnamese agents to track and destroy these rebels" - www.therebelmovie.com


I'd heard about The Rebel quite a long time, about a month before it's been out to the box office. But I wasn't very keen on catching the movie. Something about the content and my experience with Vietnamese films had played a part in it. That was until this Tuesday, Tracy had asked me to go and watch it. And I decided to go. Well, I was bored (Internet was down the past 3 days) and the tickets were cheap (buy 1 get 1 free on every Tuesday at Galaxy. I'm a cheapskate, heheh).


My comment? Above average standard for an action movie. Ok plotline. Great cinematography. Very funny dialogues. Sexy hero and villain (yes, I'm talking about Sy - Dustin Tri Nguyen's character). Too weak a chemistry between Cuong and Thuy for it to blossom into love. But I'm not complaining as the movie is really a jump from other morality-teaching Vietnamese products I'd encountered so far.


Of all the characters, I love Sy/Dustin the most. Again, he's my tortured hero and everyone's villain. Dustin's acting was very good and his kung fu skill was superb which always stole the scene whenever he appeared. And one more thing which made him my favourite character... he always wore suit. I love men in suits, y'all know? Yummy...


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Giaochi said...

hey your background is nice.

"Wish you can forgive your yesterdays. Wish you can love your tomorrows"